Patricia shows you how to make a delicious home-made banana bread.
She pairs it with In Dreams by Roy Orbeson.
Photo credit: BeckmansBakery
- 100 g sultanas 2 large eggs
- 75 mls burbon or dark rum (I used brandy) 175 g plain flour
- 4 very ripe bananas (300 g without skin) 60 g chopped walnuts
- 2 teasps. baking powder 1 teasp. vanilla extract
- ½ teasp. bicarb of soda 150g sugar
- ½ teasp. salt 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- Put sultanas and alcohol into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and leave
for about 1 hour or until sultanas have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees/gas mark 3.
- Put the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt into a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl mix
melted butter, and sugar and beat until blended, beat in the eggs one at a time, then the
mashed bananas, followed by the drained sultanas, walnuts and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, stirring well after each bit.
- Into a 23 by 13 by 7 cm loaf buttered and floured (or with a paper insert) pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 1-1 ½ hours in the middle of the oven or until a skewer comes out clean.