Patricia shows you how to make Donal Skehan’s crispy chicken and chickpea stew.
She pairs it with Summertime, by George Gershwin.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 250ml chicken stock or perhaps a little more
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato pesto
- 100g baby spinach or garden peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Sprinkle the skin of the chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, skin side down. Cook 8-10 minutes or until skin is crispy, remove any excess fat. Turn the chicken thighs and add the stock, chickpeas, pesto and stir together. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the chicken has cooked.
- Once the sauce has slightly reduced season to taste and stir through the spinach and serve. On its own, or with bread or even boiled potatoes.