“It was a tumour on my head and they needed to get it out fast”: Peadar Tóibín on his cancer diagnosis, what it meant for his family, and why the government must open up access to healthcare.
About The Author
With Keelings importing Bulgarian workers while Irish people lose their jobs, it’s time to put Ireland First
April 20, 2020
‘House the People Fairly’ protest in Dublin at news that there are different lists for social housing
January 28, 2020
September 26, 2020
Send us news, tips and blogs: [email protected]
Gript depends on the support of its readers.
If you believe in challenging the consensus, facilitating debate, and delivering news and analysis without the liberal filter, please consider making a donation.
- The use of Garda batons against lockdown protestors sets a dangerous precedent
- ON THIS DAY: 25 OCTOBER 1971: UN admits China
- ON THIS DAY: 25 OCTOBER 1920: Terence McSwiney, the Mayor of Cork, dies in a London prison after 74 days on hunger strike
- ‘Medical aid in dying’ saves money: Canadian report
- Enjoy trad and sean-nós this weekend as Patrick Ó’Keeffe Festival and Oireachtas na Gaeilge move online