Deirdre Duffy of Fine Gael has been criticised on social media for saying said “a lot” of the 79% of Irish voters who voted Yes in the 2004 referendum on citizenship were motivated by “latent racism” and “fear”. What do you think? Is it wrong to label concerns regarding citizenship as “racist”?
About The Author
April 21, 2020
Send us news, tips and blogs: [email protected]
Gript depends on the support of its readers.
If you believe in challenging the consensus, facilitating debate, and delivering news and analysis without the liberal filter, please consider making a donation.
Do you think the worst of covid 19 is behind us, or is the worst yet to come?
- Behind Us (58%, 454 Votes)
- Worst to come (42%, 331 Votes)
Total Voters: 735
- DR. ANGELO BOTTONE: A debate on how to tackle a shrinking population is long overdue
- Drogheda photographer wins major international competition from Down Syndrome Association
- Come on: “Regional Lockdowns” are a nonsense idea
- Joe Biden: I will be a strong ally to you Irish on Brexit
- Facebook, Twitter take Trump interview down – but what are the facts RE children & covid?