Prof. Ray Kinsella says that had the Irish government handled Brexit differently we would not be looking at the costs that are being projected and imposed on us. The Irish chose to work with the EU to impale the UK on the backstop when they had other alternatives – such as telling the EU that under the Good Friday agreement Ireland could have mediated a settlement directly with the UK to minimise any trade and business frictions, the leading economist told Gript.
About The Author
Send us news, tips and blogs: [email protected]
Gript depends on the support of its readers.
If you believe in challenging the consensus, facilitating debate, and delivering news and analysis without the liberal filter, please consider making a donation.
Poll published in the Daily Mail shows majority of Irish people support level 5 restrictions now. Do you agree?
- NO (87%, 1,391 Votes)
- YES (13%, 199 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,590
- PODCAST: Dr. Ravneet Singh analyzes Trumps Tweets
- PEADAR TÓIBÍN: Cancer & other deaths will rise due to lockdown
- Government TD alleges ‘fake news’ on unsealing Mother and Baby Home records
- The Taoiseach and Tánaiste of herd stupidity
- WATCH: Fatal police shooting sparks riots and looting, 30 cops injured, one hit by truck