Prof. Ray Kinsella says that had the Irish government handled Brexit differently we would not be looking at the costs that are being projected and imposed on us. The Irish chose to work with the EU to impale the UK on the backstop when they had other alternatives – such as telling the EU that under the Good Friday agreement Ireland could have mediated a settlement directly with the UK to minimise any trade and business frictions, the leading economist told Gript.
About The Author
November 30, 2019
November 25, 2019
Send us news, tips and blogs: [email protected]
Gript depends on the support of its readers.
If you believe in challenging the consensus, facilitating debate, and delivering news and analysis without the liberal filter, please consider making a donation.
- No Irish welcome? British court refuses right for Irish epitaph on mother’s grave
- Appalling: Lancet study on ‘Trump drug’ used fake data
- Video: The great religious ceremony of white repentance
- Tipperary Publican: I’m opening my pub after seeing that protest in Dublin
- 1,288 American Health Experts: Lockdown should not apply to anti-racism protests