Prof. Ray Kinsella says that had the Irish government handled Brexit differently we would not be looking at the costs that are being projected and imposed on us. The Irish chose to work with the EU to impale the UK on the backstop when they had other alternatives – such as telling the EU that under the Good Friday agreement Ireland could have mediated a settlement directly with the UK to minimise any trade and business frictions, the leading economist told Gript.
About The Author
October 23, 2019
October 17, 2019
Former Sex Pistols John Lydon bitter for being “banned” from BBC radio for speaking out against Savile
July 29, 2019
Gript depends on the support of its readers.
If you believe in challenging the consensus, facilitating debate, and delivering news and analysis without the liberal filter, please consider making a donation.
- Allegations of Cocaine Use At Children’s Hospital Site | Malachy Steenson Comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Department of Social Protection denies software failure will impact payments
- Neville Chamberlain, eugenicist and bird-watcher: a man for our times?
- TheJournal.ie’s “fact check” of Noel Grealish is staggeringly dishonest
- Facebook covers over video showing police shooting Hong Kong protestor