Patricia shows you how to make a delicious Persian chicken with apricots and almonds, perfect served with couscous, a Greek salad and some pitta or flat-breads.
She pairs it with The Swan, written by Camille Saint-Saëns
- 600ml/1 pint chicken stock (or veg stock)
- 10-12 strands saffron
- 1 very large onion
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 tabsp. olive oil
- 1 teasp. ground cinnamon
- 4 chicken breasts (on the bone if wished)
- 100g/4 ozs. chopped dried apricots
- 25g/1 oz sultanas
- 50g/2ozs while unskinned almonds
- Salt and black pepper
- Boil the stock and add the saffron. Leave on the side.
- Peel and chop the onion. Add to the oil/butter mix until soft then stir in the cinnamon Transfer to a plate
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry until brown.
- Add the onion/cinnamon mixture followed by the apricots, sultanas and almonds. Sprinkle with pepper and add in the stock. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer or cook in the oven for about 40 minutes. Add more pepper and some salt as liked.